Welcome to the New ::CMC:: Designs Blog!

What is ::CMC:: Designs? ::CMC:: Designs is CHUCKMATRIX Clip's Second Life based gallery, consisting of his RL art work as well as his SL sculptures. Opened originally in late 2008, it grew painfully slowly until 2009. Upon making some amazing friends and allies, ::CMC:: Designs grew by leaps and bounds until it finally occupied a full sim. It grew beyond me and in utter desperation I closed it down in January 2010 never to return again, or so I thought....
I have since left that behind and after a year long hiatus, I have returned to building. I reopened ::CMC:: Designs with a different kind of focus, more art and expression. I am also more concerned with the integrity of my work and far less likely to make the random modifications for people that I might have in the past. Love my art or hate it, it is rare to find artists who do what I do... a dying art called prim sculpture. From abstract art to the PiƩta it all starts as a box...

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Test Test.... Is This Thing On?


It is? Okay, good... So, note to self: When closing a gallery do NOT ignore all the web accounts. Let me tell you, it's GREAT to be back building in SL, but recreating ::CMC::'s web presence has been a BEAR. I checked the facebook (hundreds of messages from the last year) then the email (hundreds of messages about the hundreds of messages on facebook from the last year) and then my ning site (GONE) and hung my head. The only thing I still had up with any kind of content was my koinup page, and THAT content was so old it was still showing a logo I hadn't used since 2009.

So here we go again! The Gallery, at least, is fully up and running. You can visit it here: ::CMC:: Designs Over the coming weeks several things will be happening. First, I'm planning a huge bash to celebrate ::CMC::'s Grand Reopening. Watch this site and the myriad of SL art groups and, of course, the ::CMC:: Designs group for more information as dates and times are settled. Second, I will be cleaning out and updating the facebook and koinup. Feel free to friend me on facebook (CHUCKMATRIX Clip) or visit the koinup site. (http://www.koinup.com/group/CMCDesigns/) And lastly, I will be trying to update this site with new pictures of my work, new information about the goings on at ::CMC:: and in general trying to make this page a fun place to visit. It will be more than just gallery opening information and blah blah blah. I'll tell you all stories of my successes, failures and the many escapades of CHUCKMATRIX Clip, to give you not just information about the art, but a look into the life of the artist as well.

So... If you have any question, comments, suggestions or just plain wanna say "Hi!" feel free to IM me in world, or email me at cmcdesignssl@yahoo.com

It's great to be back! Talk to you all soon.

CHUCKMATRIX Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment